8 Questions To Ask Your Security Company Before Signing A Contract
September 19, 2016 by Cspalarms
After doing some research and talking to professionals in the home security industry, you’ve decided on the system to keep your home, family and pets safe.
But before signing on the dotted line, there are some things you should ask your potential home security system provider.
- What will I have to pay in total? You don’t want to be slapped with any hidden fees or taxes you don’t know about beforehand. What will equipment cost? How much will installation be? Make sure you go over the fine print.
- Who will be doing the monitoring of my system? Make sure these people are qualified. You want personnel that are trained in doing this job and will work to minimize false alarms.
- Will I own or be leasing the equipment? If you’re leasing and you move, the equipment must be returned to your company or stays behind if the new owner would like to take over the monitoring on the system. If you buy the equipment, it goes where you go. Make sure you know which it is.
- What if I move? Companies know things happen and circumstances change and sometimes moves are necessary. Most companies will give you some options. You may be asked to pay what’s left of your contract or continue the service in your new home. Additionally, you might want to contact the new owners to ask them if they would like to take over your contract.
- How long have you been serving the community? Ask for references or read online reviews about the security system company you are looking into. Check them out with the Better Business Bureau. Ask around about them to see what their reputation is like in the community.
- What’s your average response time when an alarm goes off? A good rule of thumb: reputable companies will respond within about 60 seconds of an alarm going off. Anything less than that is stellar!
Canadian Security Professionals Mississauga is always ready to answer any questions you may have about home security. Sit down with one of their expert staff members to discuss how you can make your home and family safer!